Notes for week 01 of 2023
Shorter week, but somewhat quite productive, possibly because I worked on improving my scheduling. I finally declared a release of a glossary for a ubiquitous language for Productboard, although I refuse to call it as such. I am also very ready to hand it over to our new high profile hire and let him sort out the remaining 20% of work (with the proverbial 80% of time).
Another attempt at writing died in the editor’s kill zone. On the bright side, the issues is that I tried to conflate three thoughts into a single text, and decoupling may yield both better results and more content for this blog.
The Overton window of my personal futures continues to be uncomfortably wide.
- mkcert is like OpenSSL without pentagrams
- Guide and resources for prompt engineering
- Hillarious gender inputs and prompts
- The reason why people miss office connections is not that they were better, but effortless: A point I keep thinking about
- I’ve walked 23 km and rode 39 km. I’ve been active for 8.9 hours during 10 activities. This week’s max speed was 57.2 km/h and I conquered 956 elevation meters.
Recommended Readings From This Week
- There are no white knights: Police vs. Knights 1:1
- Shopify: On competing with Amazon
- F´: A Flight-Proven, Multi-Platform, Open-Source Flight Software Framework: Template for…sattelites?
- Citizenship Is A Myth: On Citizenship in the modern world
- Beware Engineering Media: The bazaar framing is very good!
- How the biggest consumer apps got their first 1,000 users: …and how many of them were honest, and how many disingenuous
- Stand-Up Meetings Are Dead (and What to Do Instead) | Honeycomb: Well Scrum is dead for me, but still a good inspiration
- I’m at a fellow FAANG, and it’s sadly the consequence of over staffing. Managers… | Hacker News: Great analysis on corp perf reviews / hiring
- A great tip for public speaking in pairs
Published in Weekly Notes and tagged Weekly Notes