Notes for week 42 of 2022
Week four of a manflu. All I can say is that when you go for any vaccination, be triple sure you’re fine. The follow-up is really not fun.
- TIL: To resync TouchID on the external MacBook keyboard, you have to connect the keyboard directly to the computer using USB-C-to-lightning cable; no other way worked for me
- A shift from Infrastructure-as-a-Code towards no code infra
- Render.com looks really neat and useful now, and a good Heroku successor (finally!)
- I relaxed in the past week.
Recommended Readings From This Week
- How car culture colonised our thinking – and our language: Yes.
- Be Unfailingly Kind: The power of consistentkindness
- „Human Life Has No Value There“: Baltic Counterintelligence Officers Speak Candidly About Russian Cruelty: They never left Russian neighborhood, and they have a depressing picture to paint.
- Land value tax in online games and virtual worlds: A how-to guide: Georgism is super interesting, and the the applicability in virtual as well as real-world economies as well
- How to Build Software like an SRE: It’s interesting what this list contains when made by someone who’s in the field for just 5 years. I take it as a good signal about whete this part of the industry is going.
Published in Weekly Notes and tagged Weekly Notes