Notes for week 22 of 2022
I’ve been off for a week around Salzburg lakes, mostly Wolfgangsee. It was a nice return after two years, alternating between hiking days and resting days.
Lower Alps are starting to grow on me.
- I’ve walked 72 km. I’ve been active for 21.2 hours during 10 activities. This week’s max speed was 47.1 km/h and I conquered 3422 elevation meters.
Recommended Readings From This Week
- Revealed: the ‘carbon bombs’ set to trigger catastrophic climate breakdown: More wars are coming
- Keep exercising: New study finds it’s good for your brain’s gray matter: Fun.
- They were expendable: Kurds through the times
- 2021 Letter to Shareholders: It is an impressive company.
- Why Toggl Chose ROWE Over 40 Hour Workweeks: I wonder if usable at scale or at longer timelines or with nonseniors. Time will tell.
- Remember when Paul Graham was right?: Staying humble is hard
- Forget personalisation, it’s impossible and it doesn’t work: Resonates with my values, but I don’t think it matches reality—not for companies with high quality first-party data
- A Whole Age of Warfare Sank With the Moskva: Strategic bets are being made
Published in Weekly Notes and tagged Weekly Notes