Notes for week 29 of 2021
I cI continued the trend of visiting friends and enjoying summer. I temporarily removed sport as I am ramping up to finally become a first-category citizen.
- I’ve walked 24 km. I’ve been active for 5.5 hours during 6 activities. This week’s max speed was 11.9 km/h.
- I managed to do a lot of phone calls. I am proud of myself.
- I’ve learned about PSI, or parasocial interaction. It’s an interesting and useful concept for the age where “media output” isn’t just the author’s work, but the author’s “life feed”.
- I prepared an adventure of The Quest with a newbie and as expected, the game preparation package works really well
- Migrations hit again: the easiest way to get rid of invalid defaults (like
DATETIMEcolumns) is to add a manual
RunSQLmigration that says
ALTER TABLE table MODIFY column DROP DEFAULT.
- MySQL Enum field is a bit weird. This article provides a good overview. Django does not use them and using
ChoiceFieldwill still modify the underlying
VARCHAR. This may require planning since it’s an expensive
Recommended Readings From This Week
- Netflix Has A ‘Radical Candor’ Culture, But Fires Three Executives For Criticizing Executives On Slack—The Co-CEO Fires Back: Maintaining a culture is hard, explaining it is even harder
- Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds: Disinformation dozen is a catchy name
- The art of the SWAG: On educated guesses
Published in Weekly Notes and tagged Weekly Notes