Notes for week 21 of 2021
As predicted, teh low energy weeks continue. One or two to go.
I’ve tried to fix it using long weekend hikes, but while I enjoyed them, it made the problem worse. It doesn’t help that at the same time, I am lowering my caffeine intake. I am used to go off caffeine for a month every year, it gets harder with time and it has more side-effects. I, for one, would support adding caffeine use as a disorder although I enjoy it a lot.
I at least published Programming, Fast and Slow. Time is nigh for me to slowly start thinking through my talk, for which I hope to write down few essays as a side effect. But seeing things as they are, it may need to wait a few more weeks.
- I’ve walked 51 km. I’ve been active for 11.6 hours during 6 activities. This week’s max speed was 18.7 km/h
- Playing with geospatial data, I’ve learned that GeoJSON format has an inherent 2m inaccuracy. This add fun to geodata processing since both BDS and Galileo can offer centimeter-level precision
- Caffeine is a really good nootropic. Unfortunately, both caffeine and tea may cause magnesium deficiency
- I wanted to buy a disk for my father’s NAS. This is how I discovered that the rumoured cryptocurrency Chia has launched, so let’s have another component shortage. But I like their honesty about launching with a business plan: “Please reach out to Jonmichael Hands, VP of Storage Business Development, if you are an SSD vendor, partner, cloud provider, or have any Chia and storage use questions.”
- I poked a bit into htmx and intuitivelly, I really like the concept. I’ll play with it for some small site
Published in Notes and tagged Weekly Notes